Media Advisory – Archbishop Aquila, Dr. Edward Sri and other experts participate in ‘Beloved’ Tele-press Conference
WHAT – A tele-press conference that will feature a panel of prominent Catholics who will discuss BELOVED: Finding Happiness in Marriage, a 12-episode video series that explores the essential realities of marriage, dealing with the deepest spiritual, emotional and practical aspects of what the sacrament means for those preparing to get married as well as those who yearn for a richer married life. The series features over 46 presenters, including priests and married couples sharing the real joys and struggles of marriage. BELOVED uses Scripture, Tradition and Church teaching to present God’s plan for marriage. Some of the topics that will be addressed include:
- Does marriage matter?;
- Christ as the centerpiece of marriage;
- Conflict and communication;
- Giving the total gift of self;
- Building a thriving marriage;
- Protecting the sacramental bond;
- Sexuality and authentic love;
The tele-press conference is timely, given that the World Meeting of Families and Ordinary General Assembly of the Synod of Bishops, both of which will address various topics concerning marriage, will be held later this year.
For more information on BELOVED and resources, please visit http://www.ignatius.com/IProducts/278572/beloved–dvds.aspx.
In advance of the tele-press conference, we invite participants to watch episode four of BELOVED, “Total Gift of Self,” in its entirety, and preview couple’s and leader’s guides that correspond to the episode, here.
Watch the trailer:
WHO – Panelists confirmed to participate in the tele-press conference include:
- Most Rev. Samuel L. Aquila, archbishop of the Archdiocese of Denver. Archbishop Aquila serves on the Bishops’ Advisory Council for the Institute for Priestly Formation. He is a member of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops, in which he has served as a member of various committees.
- Dr. Edward Sri, professor of theology and Vice President of Mission at the Augustine Institute (Colorado). Sri is the content director for the BELOVED program and for the acclaimed series Symbolon: The Catholic Faith Explained. He is also the author of several Catholic best-selling books and a nationally known speaker on Scripture, marriage and the Catholic faith.
- Teresa Tomeo, motivational speaker, bestselling author and syndicated Catholic talk show host with more than 30 years of experience in the TV, radio and newspaper industries.
- Dr. Pia de Solenni, theologian, ethicist and cultural analyst, who serves as the Associate Dean of the Augustine Institute (Orange County), located at Christ Cathedral. She is an expert in issues relating to women’s health, life issues, the new feminism, Catholicism and theology of marriage.
- Dr. Timothy Gray, president of the Augustine Institute (Colorado), a dynamic new M.A. program in theology for the Evangelization in Denver. He also is professor of Sacred Scripture at St. John Vianney Theological Seminary. He holds a Ph.D. in Biblical Studies from Catholic University of America.
- Lucas Pollice, M.A., the associate director of Symbolon at the Augustine Institute. Prior to his work at the AI, Pollice was the director of catechesis for the Diocese of Fort Worth, Texas. Pollice also is the Augustine Institute’s director of parish leadership training program.
WHEN – 3 p.m. ET Wednesday, April 8.
WHERE – Tele-press conference line. To register for this event, CLICK HERE. Registration will be accepted from Wednesday, March 26, 2015 until 3:00 p.m. ET Wednesday, April 8, 2015. You will receive an email confirmation that will include the dial-in number, passcode and PIN to be used for the tele-press conference.
For more information, please contact Kevin Wandra (866-777-2313, ext. 701 or KWandra@CarmelCommunications.com) of Carmel Communications. For general information related to the Symbolon series, or to request a review copy of BELOVED, please contact Rose Trabbic (239-867-4180 or Rose@Ignatius.com) of Ignatius Press.